UM-Dearborn 2017 Ice Hockey Summer Camps
Session One - August 14-17
Session Two - August 21-24
Open to boys and girls ages 7-15
Camp will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day
About the Camps
The focus of our hockey camp is to develop the player’s basic skills including power skating, puck handling, passing/receiving, and shooting.
Our coaching staff has extensive experience in individual player development.
Off-ice conditioning will work on speed, agility, core training, and playing games such as dodgeball.
Meet the Staff
This year’s camps will be directed by UM-Dearborn Head Coach Chris Haltinner, Assistant Coach Rick DeSana and current UM-Dearborn players.
Open to boys and girls of all levels.
- Space is LIMITED - Register EARLY!
- Fees: $300 per player / $250 per goalie (Includes a Jersey and lunch)
- One time only 10 percent discount for joint registration of siblings, friends, if player attends both weeks of the camp, or if a parent works for Ford.
- 12 hours of on-ice development
- 12 hours of planned off-ice activities include wall climbing, strength training, ladders, explosiveness, and other physical activities.
- Check-in will be held at the Fieldhouse in the lower level hallway 45 minutes before your opening session.
- Players should be dropped off and picked up at the Dearborn Ice Skating Center (DISC) between the hours of 8:30AM and 4:30PM.
- Players should be able to dress themselves. Skate assistance for skate tightening will be available.
- To reserve a spot, send registration and full payment. Make checks payable to UM-Dearborn.
* The players will be divided into 2 groups based on age and playing experience to maximize individual improvement.*
9:00 - 10:30 1.5 hours on-ice skills & development
10:30 – 12:00 1.5 hours off-ice activities
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch (included in the fee)
1:00 - 2:30 1.5 hours on-ice skills & development
2:30 - 4:00 1.5 hours off-ice activities
9:00-10:30 1.5 hours off-ice activities
10:30-12:00 1.5 hours on-ice skills & development
12:00-1:00 Lunch (included in the fee)
1:00-2:30 1.5 hours off-ice activities
2:30-4:00 1.5 hours on-ice skills & development
Camp Office (313)-583-6355 or e-mail Chris Haltinner at email@example.com
Mail registration forms and payment to:
UM-Dearborn 4901 Evergreen Road, Field House Dearborn, MI 48128