Criteria for Graduation Stoles
Graduation stoles and cords, much like a cap and gown, are a sign of participation, excellence and successful completion of what the Department of Athletics offers its student-athletes. As the department supplies these stoles to graduates of the University, student-athletes must complete item one in addition to one of the sport-specific criteria listed (items two through six) in order to qualify to receive a stole. The stoles are available starting with the Fall 2019 Commencement. To obtain your stole, please contact your head coach or Eric Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree from the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- Good standing at the time of commencement with the Department of Athletics.
- Full participation in sport, or fulfillment of the student-athletes terms of attendance while an active member of the team.
- Student-athletes that who obtain their degree prior to the expiration of their terms of attendance or ability to participate in four seasons of competition may be eligible.
- Student coaches and managers may be eligible with a minimum of two years of participation and the recommendation of the coach.
- Extenuating circumstances (i.e. career-ending injuries or other unforeseen occurrences) will be reviewed by department administration following the coach’s recommendation.
- Stoles provided by the Department of Athletics are department-specific (not sport). Recipients will receive only one stole regardless of the volume of participation within the department.